Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial ahead routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1053

Technical User
May 24, 2001
GB
I need to stop people from pre-emptive dialling on our menu options since they have changed. Is there a way to force callers to wait until the message has been heard before the system will collect a digit?

sk1053,

try split up your announcement in two parts and use a pair of announcement/collect digits commands instead of one collect digits. during the execution of announcement command, digits are not collected.

I usually put an announcement step with a generic change announcement (e.g. our menu has changed, please listen to all options before making your selection) before my collect step. That way you can still keep your menu announcement in one announcement, you can use that generic menu changed announcement whenever you change a menu, and you can remove the menu changed announcement at a later date. I usually leave them on for 2 or 3 weeks depending on the type of call your getting and the people calling the menu.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back