Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial 9 for outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrote

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Help,

Is there a way I can ask Procomm about a users 'Dialling Properties'. I am creating a script that needs to be run on several machines, each with different modem settings. To this end I need to be able to determine, in script, if the machine needs to dial 9 (or whatever) for an outside line.

Scrote

I'm not at a machine with a modem to test this, but if the number to dial is in the user's Connection Directory, then Procomm should be able to determine via TAPI if a 9 is needed or not based on how the telephony options are configured on each machine, without you needing to do anything. If the script is going to dial a number using the dialnumber or connectmanual command, then any telephony information will not be used since it is a "manual" dial. I am not aware of an "out of the box" method for a script to get this information; the best that can be done is to use the fetch dial location command to get the "location" that Windows is configured to use. There may be a way (simple VB program, etc.) to get this information from Windows, but I am not aware of any solution specifically.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Many thanks for the reply.

I thought this was the case but a question not asked is a question not answered.

Scrote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back