Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial 9 for outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRRyan

Programmer
May 18, 2022
US
There was a previous thread to this over 10 years ago but since its closed I’ve made this new one here.

So on my option 11 I want to configure it so that when I dial 9 it will automatically connect me to my analog COT trunk that’s on TN 6 0.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 Enthusiast
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast

I'm guessing that "9" is your AC1 code defined in LD 86?.

The change will probably be against a rout in LD 86 under RLB (route list block) where entry "0" will require the analogue trunk route number.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Is this possibly easier to do through element manager? Still getting everything installed and whatnot but wondering if its possible through there.

It's been many years since I last touched Element Manager. I'm not sure if the later versions of Element Manager allowed you to access the ESN data?.

I have a Conversion Utility excel tool that compiles captured data via a TTY serial or virtual port on my Website or contact me for the latest version.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I shot you an email about that tool you mentioned, and to answer your question, yes, you can access esn data through element manager.

If all you want to do is configure 9 to go direct to the COT, then you need to OUT any NARS/BARS stuff, and just set the ACOD for the COT to 9. Dialing 9 will give you dialtone on the COT (there's some other settings there, dig in the manuals a bit. It might give you fake dialtone until you've dialed a complete number.)

The only other thing is to make sure all the sets are CLS UNR or else the Meridian won't let you dial 1 before any of you numbers since that would be a toll call :)

EDIT: the most important part of OUTing the BARS/NARS stuff will be the access digits, AC1/AC2. If you can't set the COT ACOD to 9, then probably one of those is using it already.

There is nothing programmed into NARS/BARS since I started with the sample/blank database.

What kind NARS/BARS stuff can I add? I want to add a whole bunch of things like have it pick between 2 trunks depending on what is on-hook.

You won't need BARS/NARS for a setup that simple. You can configure two trunk members in a single trunk group under the single ACOD 9, if you don't need any special routing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back