Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dial 9 fails on some extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
US
Merlin Magix Release 2.2 Version 7.2
Certain users cannot dial an outside line - they get a warble tone only. Internal dialing is fine.
No operator console phone on system.
How do troubleshoot/change the restriction.
Can this be done at the extension?
I am assuming it is an outbound call restriction setting.

There are multiple places an extension could be restricted through programming. You need to program it through the programming telephone console or through WinSPM. The most common spot would be: Menu, System Prog., Start, Extensions, then find restriction and make sure the extension is unrestricted. If it was already unrestricted, it gets a little more complex on where the restriction is located. It could be an frl issue, it could be a disallowed list.

Check Forced Account Code for the extensions in question - that is the most common place for an extension to get mis-programmed.

If you are using WinSPM, do a print of a working extension, and a non-working extension, then use the file compare utility that is built in.

To add to the above...I agree it is usually a restriction or frl issue - frl is under ars. I have only had 1 customer ever who had a phone with a forced account code entry - its usually restrictions or frl (which is facility restriction level i believe.)

The problem extension is set to unrestricted (unrestricted is flashing) like the working extensions. I then attempted to access the FRL and ARS information from a display phone and I was able to get to the ARS information page but it does not show anything, just asks to input 1-9 etc. If I do it beeps but does not display anything. How do I show current settings etc. Same with allowed and disallowed lists. I could not get them to show anything.

I am a newbie to the Merlin system (obviously).
Would winspm allow me to see and change the current settings by extension?
Is the software available for download?

If you have pots lines and your lines are not pooled, then frl is not used. If you create an Inspect button on the console you can use this to see what is currently programmed. So, if you go to a disallowed list and press inpect, it will tell you what extensions are assigned to that disallowed list.

I would try touchtonetommy's suggestion: Press Menu, System Program, Start, Extensions, Account - and now press your Inspect key to see what if any extensions are listed. If your "problem" extension shows up, press Back - Press Account again, key-in the extension number and press Delete - then press Inspect again to make sure it is gone.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thank you Tom (and touchtonetommy)for your answers. Since I do not have the operator console on line I had to work from the display phone only. Following your steps the two problem extensions showed up and I was able to remove them from that list (I assume this is to prevent external dialing).
Now that the users are currently happy.
Where can I download Winspm software from?
Is there a list of commands and system set up and configuration that I can use for reference?

If you visit the Avaya web site, there is a series of patches for WIN SPM that will take you to the latest version. I tried to copy the line below that is where you need to start - it is the 5 to 6 patch, which is actually an executable version of WIN SPM.

Once you have downloaded this patch, apply each of the newer ones till you have the WIN SPM R9. Depending on your version of Magix you may not need to go to 9, but you might as well so you have the latest version. It is similar enough to console programming that you should be able to figure it out; I don't remember if there is any support or help documentation. The ability to print is a huge plus. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back