Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHTML MENU GIVES PERMISSION DENIED ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFOHELP

Programmer
Apr 14, 2006
US
HI ALL-
I have been using the dhtml menu with my web application, but I seem to get "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Permission denied" at certain points during usage.

A specific instance is when I first enter the application, I select something on my page and then I maximize my screen. The error occurs on :

function ClcLft(){
if(MenuCentered!='left'&&MenuCentered!='justify'){
var Size=FrstWinWdth-(!Nav4?parseInt(FrstCntnr.style.width):FrstCntnr.clip.width);
StartLeft=M_StrtLft;
StartLeft+=MenuCentered=='right'?Size:Size/2}}

This also occurs for different reasons with different functions or variables being called. The system highlights functions that have "Cntnr" in it.

I know very little of javascript so I would not even know where to begin. In reading many blogs and forums, it appears that this has to do with security and permissions. However, I do not know how to resolve the situation.

Can someone help. I will provide more script if necessary.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back