Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHTML / Ajax

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamedTech

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
GB
Hello Guys,

I asked a question a couple of days ago which has now been resolved, so thanks to Dan for his help on that one.

Another quick question i hope, which i believs relates to DHTML and/or Ajax, both of which i have not worked with before.

I've seen a couple of sites making good use of this kind of thing, such as the Google personal home with the feed boxes being able to be aranged at the users discresion.

Also again on the MSN.com home page there are the little + and - buttons allowing you to expand or decrease the number of relative articles being displayed in each news box.

I've spent some time this morning looking around, and i've found some nice DHTML and Javascript ideas which allow me to expand or shrink the entire news box, but i'm yet to find one which allows me to do it article by article like they do on msn.com.

Has anyone got a good tutorial or referance on working on these two effects?

Thanks,

Rob

If the height of your news container is determined by the number of items, then rather than looking at a CSS solution to set the height, you would need a JavaScript solution to increase / decrease the number of news items... so I'd take this to the JS forum (forum216).

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back