Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dhcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

schtek

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2005
GB
hi can nt4 run dhcp ??? (i might have to install it??

"Ask not what your computer network can do for you - ask what you can do to the computer network to give you a quiet moment ."

hi schetk - yes an NT4 server can be configured to run as a DHCP server, if that's what you mean.

If i remember correctly (and someone will definitely correct me if i'm wrong) you have to install it in services (you will need the NT4 server disk - and you can configure it in DHCP manager.

This is correct. Under the network properties you can add the DHCP service to the list if it is not there currently. You will indeed need to have the NT4.0 Server install CD and it wouldn't be a bad idea to recheck the SP afterwards to be sure all is up to date.

Once loaded, you will have a DHCP entry inthe administrators portion of the start menu and in the control panel. From here you can configure the DHCP to your liking.

thanks ...and thanks about the sp i remember that that they drop out afteralteration :)

"Ask not what your computer network can do for you - ask what you can do to the computer network to give you a quiet moment ."

Also make sure you re-apply any post SP6a patches, as by reinstalling SP6a, you will remove any patches as well.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy (Monty Python's The Life of Brian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back