Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dhcp: snap-in failed to initialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdgtech

MIS
May 6, 2004
US
I have 8 subnets and one of them issues this error when you click upon the "Address Leases". Then a red X appears. All the other subnets display correctly. Looking through forums and Microsoft's site talks about removing the dhcp snap-in and then re-adding it. That doesn't work. I tried opening a blank mmc and adding the dhcp snap-in, same result.

Going into netsh and trying to "show reservedip" fails. I can "show clients" with no problems. Another post indicated that it might be a corrupt or erroneous MAC address, but looking through them doesn't reveal something flagrantly out of place.

I am out of ideas. Has anyone seen this before? It was working fine last week (or the week before, I can't remember) and I can't think of any reason why this subnet throws the error but the others don't. I don't remember changing anything recently that might inflict damage to one subnet and not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back