Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Server not showing Lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingerthedog

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2006
US
So once again I have a 2003 Server running DHCP and it gave out an address to a client, 192.168.0.112, the client is setup for DHCP, DNS shows that client as having that address, but when I look at the leases in DHCP that address isn't showed as being used. Any ideas on what may be going on? I can ping that client by both name and address because of DNS, but our DHCP server gave it an address without adding that address to the Address Leases. And yes I have refreshed the display multiple times. Thanks

Are you sure you have managed the correct DHCP server?

also have you tried changing your view? Right click on Address Leases and go to View and change it to a different view?

We only have one DHCP server, my view was set to "Detail" but I can try switching it next time this happens; although I'm not sure if this is going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back