Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Server IP issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatted

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
Hey there everyone just seeing if anyone has ever seen such a thing as this issue in their network before:

Using a spilt scope DHCP setup.

My IP's are the following:

DC1 is at 10.2.1.21 IP

And

DC2 is at 10.2.1.22 IP

Standard right?

When I fire up Admin tools and go into the DHCP area and look for my DHCP servers they show the IPs of

10.2.1.23 for DC1
And
10.2.1.24 for DC2

Now with this issue my DHCP reservations are always disappearing after 24 hours when I make them and I think I'm going to need to blow out the serves and recreate them but has anyone seen this in a Windows 2008 environment?

I'm guessing that you have multiple NICs on your DCs, and one of them on each host is set for DHCP rather than static and is getting IP addresses assigned from the DHCP servers.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Bug in Windows 2008 maybe?

Hit this myself last year at a customers and was puzzled why I couldn't recreate it at home on my test VM's. It turned out whilst I assumed their servers would be patched they weren't - they didn't have any updates at all and were vanilla 2008 R2 servers.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back