Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dhcp Scope 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2004
GB
Hi Guys,

can someone help me setup my lab server (win 2003) for full Dhcp, I have a problem with setting the specific options on the phone e.g S1 address etc. i can give the phone (1140 with c7J firmware) an ip address, default gateway and DNS, but nothing else, from reading the NTP's i think i need to make the server IP phone aware but this is where i get stuck. If some one could give me some help with what options to set and where to but the following string I would be greatful.

Nortel-i2004-B;s1ip=192.168.100.100;p1=4100;a1=1;r1=255;s2ip=192.168.100.200;p2=4100;a2=1;r2=2;xip=0.0.0.0;xp=5000;xa=g;unid=MY_CO;menulock=u;vq=y;vcp=3;vmp=4;vlanf=y;pc=y;pcs=a;pcd=a;dq=y;dv=y;dvip=60;dp=5;pcuntag=y;lldp=y;pk1=438A64FC24127C23;pk2=64FC23CD24AB1413;cachedip=y;igarp=n;srtp=n;dim=y;bt=y;

I believe you need a TFTP server to push the rest of the settings (as that is what it seems you are trying to do). You can't assign S1, S2, and other settings via the DHCP string - that must be done thru TFTP file.
You will then be able to set the Node and TN too so you can 'auto configure' the phone I think. We don't have it setup at my company.

You can use DHCP to auto configure the phone. I believe it should be a comma after teh i2004-B part other than that it looks coorect. Do you have it under option 128? Is the phone set to full DHCP?
We tried the configuration with the DHCP server and the TFTP server and TFTP was much easier.

It definitely needs to start with:
Nortel-i2004-B,s1ip=....

Spot on KiwiOz07 the comma sorted it!!! star for you

If you are running the latest software, then can go into Diagnostics -> DHCP Information on the phone and it will display what was received/parsed from any Nortel-i2004-A, Nortel-i2004-B, or VLAN-A strings.

NICE!!! Wonder why I was told that you needed TFTP!
Anyway, yep * for you guys!! Good job!

I'll have to get our SysAdmin to add that in to our DHCP string!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back