Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Scope Full Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersb

MIS
Nov 23, 2004
MY
Dear All,

I have a SBS 2000 server that has stopped serving DHCP addresses. The range is 192.168.1.50 - 254 /24 I only have 30 leases currently however dhcp says the scope is full. I have seen a similar thread suggesting running jetpack on the DB however the link says that this should only be needed if the db is 30MB+. mine is only 1mb.

Any help appreciated.

Regarsd

Would you be so kind to provide your login information to Experts-exchange as well!!!!

I'll stick with tek tips thanks all the same.

You don't have to have a login to view the answers, just scroll past all the crap and the answers to the thread is at the bottom.

Just because they are experts at sex changes doesn't mean they might not have a correct answer over there.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Sorry to say, Experts Exchange changed its webpage and now answers are accessible only to members :(

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCSA

Well I'll be darned...they did!

Hmmm...

Ok...must have just done it within the past week. Google the link and read the cached Google page for the answer then.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Wow...that's news to me re: no answers at the bottom...

Didn't google threaten to not index their (expertsexchange) pages if the answers were hidden?

It will be interesting to check by searching for other related queries.

Peter.

Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

hold on if you google it the answers are there but if you follow the link they hidden. here is the discussion.

BTW I googled [dhcp says the scope is full]

07.11.2005 at 11:24PM PDT, ID: 14418822

r-k:
The DHCP database seems corrupted. Note down all relevant parameters for your scope, then delete it in dhcp manager, and then re-create a new scope with the same paramaters. That should fix it.

07.12.2005 at 12:05AM PDT, ID: 14418978

dutchclan:
192.168.200-192.168.0.250

This is actually a verry weird scope setting. Also check your subnet setting for the network class u are using

ex.

192.168.0.200 to 192.168.0.254

with subnet 255.255.255.0 gives u 54 Adresses. (class C)

but u also want to check the lease time given by the DHCP server, This leasetime will reserve addresses given to "guest" machines for a 'defined' time. So if this time is '1year' (verry long - usually 1 week -> 1 day) and i log 54 machines on to the network the scope will indeed be exausted.

So check if your range setting is correct, and check how long a lease lasts..

Gl

Chris Gralike

07.12.2005 at 01:49AM PDT, ID: 14419593

SystmProg:
If it is really corrupted then go through the following articles to repair corrupted DHCP database: -

How to Restore a Corrupted DHCP Database File

How to use JetPack.exe utility to compact DHCP Database: -

Let us know.

Thanks
SystmProg

07.12.2005 at 01:50AM PDT, ID: 14419598

SystmProg:
Simple steps: -

If your DHCP database becomes corrupt (as indicated in the Event Logs) you can use the Jetpack utility to repair it. You can also use this utility to compact the database, which Microsoft recommends as often as monthly for busy DHCP servers with large databases. Here are the recommended steps:

1.Stop the DHCP Service.
2.Back up the DHCP directory.
3.From the command prompt, change to the DHCP database directory (winnt\system32\dhcp by default).
4.type jetpack dhcp.mdb temp (where temp is a filename for a temporary database location for use during the repair).
5.Start the DHCP Service.

Ref: - Accepted Solution

07.12.2005 at 01:52AM PDT, ID: 14419606

SystmProg:
If not resolved please refer : -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back