Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Relay device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartijnM

MIS
Oct 9, 2000
US
All,

I am trying to get DHCP configured. This is a problem, since we are using a NS500 and all of our workstations are in VLANs on sub-interfaces of the NetScreen. Since I cannot configure DHCP Relay on sub-interfaces, I would have to deploy a dedicated DHCP Relay service in each VLAN, independent of the NetScreen.

What I was wondering, is if anybody knows of the existence of a DHCP Relay 'Device', similar to those neat (and cheap) little boxes that one uses to hook a printer up to the network. If such a little gadget exists (and is affordable), it would solve my problem immediately.

I'm really not prepared to dedicate workstations/servers in each VLAN to this task, but that seems to be the only alternative.

Any suggestions are most welcome....if I am missing something, or if you think there is a better/different way to resolve this, then by all means enlighten me.

TIA,

MM

Martijn Middelplaats
CCDA, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE
martijn at middelplaats dot net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back