Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPNing

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
We have a SBS 2003 server and when trying to enable to DHCP we get an event id of 1041.
This machine has 2 nics but one is disabled. the exact error is as follows.
The DHCP service is not servicing any clients because because none of the active network interfaces have statically configured IP addresses. Or there are no active interfaces.

one suggestion was to go to DHCP manager right mouse click the server, go to properties, Select the advanced tab, then select bindings. In there is the interface with the correct IP address. I select it, close the window, reopen the window and it is deslected.

I also get a different error when making changes to the tcp properties of the nic.

Warning - Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redundancy to a single network(such as an intranet or internet). They will not fumction properly when the gateways are on two separate, disjoint networks(such as one on your intranet and one on the internet). Do you want to save this configuration?'

Any ideas?

Of course...?

I went to event ID and that is where I go the suggestion below.

one suggestion was to go to DHCP manager right mouse click the server, go to properties, Select the advanced tab, then select bindings. "In there is the interface with the correct IP address." I select it, close the window, reopen the window and it is deslected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back