Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Lease over subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2001
US
Have a strange problem. We have four locations presently, each running on a different subnet. My DHCP server is at the hub site (of a frame relay ckt). I have noticed that when I configure a new workstation for someone, or if I replace an ethernet card, I can get an address and all correct info from my DHCP Server, at hub site. The problem is that when we send the workstation or notebook to operate on one of our other sites (different subnet), they can never pick up the proper addresses. It goes right back to the primary gateway and ip address it got originally. No matter how many times we release and renew the address, it refuses to pick up the new info. What is really frustrating is that I can take my notebook to any of our subnets and it works fine. Has anyone experienced this? Everything else works just fine on the network except this scenario.

Pilot 1

Please ignore! I clicked on wrong forum!!

Pilot1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back