Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imashe

MIS
Jan 28, 1999
US
What do you think? I am running DHCP on a Windows NT 4.0 SP4 server. I am getting DHCPServer events 1010, 1014 and 1016 every 4-6 days with error codes of -533 and -1032 on event 1014. These are explained in Technet under Jetpack error codes as follows: -533 = checkpoint file not found or corrupt (yeah, I know it's pretty clear that word corrupt!), -1032 = cannot access file. This leads me to believe that there may be a file access/permission problem OR another process is interfering with the DHCP db backup. Technet gives different error codes on event 1014 (-510, -1022, -1850)for restoring a corrupt db file which I have never gotten. So, I am looking for your expert opinions on whether you think I have a corrupt DHCP database or not!

Sounds like you have got a corruption.<br>
<br>
Try renaming the mdb file so it starts again.

Have you actually run JETPACK on your DHCP database? If you have not then I would suggest you start there and see what type of errors if any you get. Let me know. I have worked extensivly with MS DHCP.<br>
<br>
Oneworld <p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have not run Jetpack - that is my next step. One thing I forgot to mention is that I've been getting these errors since applying SP4 some time ago. Not sure if that means anything or not! Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Start simple. Use jetpack first. The more SP's you add the more additional things you add the more failure points you get. SP4 works fine with DHCP. You need to pin point to problem before trying to cover it up. <p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back