Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP and default gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

backbiter1019

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2004
US
I have a Win2k3 DC that is doing both DHCP and DNS. I have 4 scopes setup for 4 different campuses. We have all XP and 2K client machines and wireless access at all 4 locations. DNS reports no problems in logs. On all 4 DHCP scopes the router ip lists the default gateway for the subnets (i.e.10.1.1.1, 10.2.2.1, 10.3.3.1, and 10.4.4.1). I have about 5 different drive mappings according to group membership. The problem is that a client without the default gateway manually input in the connection properties will not get the drive mappings it should be getting. If I do ipconfig /all at the client machine before the manual input it shows the default gateway to be correct. Some of the wireless users will connect to copper and wireless at the same time. DHCP will issue both connections an ip just fine but if 1 connection has the default gateway manually input and the other does not the drive mappings will not occur yet ipconfig /all shows the default gateway as correct in both...Any ideas what is going on? Oh and also our ISP's ip's are also listed under name servers with our DNS server. Any advice is much appreciated.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back