Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP & Proxy Server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beambones

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
GB
One can put the "Gateway" & other DNS information in the DHCP manager when the clients authenticates. But can I put the Proxy Server settings in the DHCP Console? We have just changed over from a direct Internet connection to a proxy server and I don't want to go to 2000 users to ask them to change their IE settings. Can someone help, perhaps there is another method of doing this throught logon scripts or something. Thanks

I can do if that's what I should do. Where would you set the proxy settings in the poledit Winnt template?

Well. The only experience I have in this situation is what I have done for the company I work for..

First I created an IE distribution using the Internet Explorer Resource Kit (IEAK) add just the proxy settings. In the IEAK there are policy templates(5) specific for IE. In one of those (sorry I cant be more specific on the template name) there is the option to make the proxy setings Machine wide vs. user specific. You can also disable the ability to change the proxy settings by the user.

Im also looking into the possibility of simply importing the proxy settings registry key via login script. I'll let you know if it is successful/

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back