Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP 2008 server issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelIT

Technical User
Jul 22, 2009
US
Currently our company is running on Rel 8UR3. Within the last few months we have started to upgrade our external DHCP server from W2k 2003 to W2K 2008.

Since we have started upgrading a few sites to W2k8 DHCP, we have noticed when the lease period expires, instead of the phones refreshing the lease timer, the phones are rebooting to obtain a new lease timer.
This issue never use to occur prior to upgrading from DHCP W2K3 to W2K8.

Please could anybody advise..

Many Thanks

MitelIT

What version of Server 2008, SP1? SP2? or R2??

Also is this happening to all set types

We currently running on Win 2008 DHCP SP1.
We currently have 2 offices at present, where we have now upgraded the DHCP server and all have 5224 IP phones.

Hi, your question leads me to believe that the sets eventually get an IP? If so a quick fudge could tbe to set the lease for a year or something. Alternately, what about using the controller to handle the DHCP requests? And just to ask, are you still running your old dhcp server with the new one? (I think if that were the case tho, your computers would also have trouble getting leased addy's).

I'm still fairly green to all this, but just some ideas that I can think of.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back