Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DGC Disk Devices not installing correctly under W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmorris123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have converted 60 or so servers from being attached to an IBM ESS to and EMC Clariion using Emulex LP8000 HBA adapters.... however on a few servers some of the DGC Raid 5 Disk devices do not install correctly with the error message of 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'. When trying to reinstall the device I point it to the Emulex HBA Driver folder but Windows insists it has a better match (Disk.inf) and then bring up the error message. It is a strange problem because some of the other DGC devices are installed fine and under driver details are using Disk.sys. Any ideas would be appreciated as the problems are occurring on some of our production boxes and this obviously affects the resilience on some of the paths to the SAN.

Thanks!!!!!

are you using the EMC certified drivers? what firmware are you using?
what is your CLARiiON box?

May I know the the driver version, Fcode. and also let me know which switch and firmware you are using?

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back