Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DG MV2000 HDD Crash, Software reload

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemcrazy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2003
US
My company has a Data General MV2000. Drive 0 just crashed, EMC replaced the HDD but says it's up to us to reload the boot code and software to the drive. Our software contractor says thay can do it but it will be 2 weeks before they can get to it. Does anyone know of a step-by-step on how to do this or anyone in the Richmond VA area that would be interested in contracting to do this ASAP? I know this is a long shot but thought I would give it a try. Thanks in adavnce!

First you need to boot the system with the microcode tape.
Once you get to the scp prompt, you need to boot your aos/vs systape. That will either be a release tape for the version of AOS/VS you're running or a systape you made in the event you suffer a hard disk failure and have to restore. Boot from file 5 and select from the menu options the choice to perform all the activities. That should get you to a point where you can load files 6 and 7. Once the base system is reloaded, you can restore your backup tapes. You may be able to call the customer support number for the dg and ask for s/w assist with the rebuild. They'll help you over the phone for a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back