Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DFS slow but for only one user out of 30!!!! any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nykotai

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am having some strange issues with DFS.

I have some shares on a windows 2003 machine that are being accessed through a DFS namespace on a 2008 server.
Everything works just fine except for one user.
Whenever she tries to access the files through the DFS namespace it's extremely slow the first time and then it's fairly fast after that.

When she tries to directly map the share on the 2003 server everything works just fine.

The thing that is really mind boggling to me is that it only happens to one user. Several other users access the exact same file as her with no problems whatsoever.

I do not think that i hads to do with her machine, because she tried on several machines and had the same issue.
Myself and several other people tried on her machine and everything was fine.

Here are more info that may be of interest:

-All clients are XP
-Group membership was checked and everything was fine. Everybody from her group (finance_staff) is just fine.
-There is no roaming profile setup

Any ideas?

Does this occur for her on one particular PC? Does she get the issue if she uses another PC?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

she gets the issue regarless of the pc that she uses.
She tried it on her machine and several other ones ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back