Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dfs shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

ison67

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2007
US
We use dfs shares. We use them on our WAN to provide access to user profiles per site. I didn't set this up and don't know a lot about shares. Last year we had trouble with one of our main servers at HQ. As part of the troubleshooting we removed the shares from this server (server2). This fixed the problem we were having, as I believe something in the conflicts and deleted folder was corupt.

I would like to rebuilt the shares that where on server2. They will be exactly like the shares on server1 (the way it was before). If this was any other DC with shares, It wouldn't be a problem. These two are the only ones with conflict and delete folders. I'm not sure how they are configured. The other DC's have shares, but not the DfsrPrivate. First question, why are these two the only ones with the DfsrPrivate folder? Second, How do you configure the it so it has DfsrPrivate? I'm thinking this means it a root server, but from what I've read, windows 2003 standard can only have one root server. Any Input would be greatly appreciated?

Regards,
Ison67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back