Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DFS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

narineh

MIS
Jun 19, 2002
US
Our network is setup where we have a few servers in one and and another server in another site.

We use a MS Access database to do our work, and what I need to do is get this database to be available in Site2. It is hosted in Site1 on Server1. I need it to be available in Site2 Server2.

The database is huge so going through the internet would be slow. What I want to do is setup DFS, which I am told will replicate the files that I want shared. I want to share out the Directory which holds the Database files on Server1, and have it replicated to the server2 in Site2. Does this mean I have to have the same exact copy of files on Server2?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you kindly

Hi,
I'm not so expert in DFS but what I know about it is that it works as a link, i.e. you can buid a file sistem structure including different sites or path in different server under a single directory structure, not a way to replicate the information between two sites.
I suggest to look for more information because I can be wrong but I think I must try other solutions.

Bye.

Gianluigi Meggiorin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back