Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DFS - FRS replication and Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorh13

Instructor
Sep 18, 2000
GB
We are currently setting up a second site and have the need to replicate some data between our main head office and the new branch site. Currently I have a DFS Root that has a target on an existing server and a new server that is to be deployed at the branch.

Additionally there is a recruitment share which is replicated through DFS FRS. Existing servers are 2003 R1 and the new servers are 2008R2. Unfortunately DFS-R is not available for 2003 R1 as far as I can ascertain.

My biggest fear however is that the recruitment share holds the backend of our main contact database (access). Clients have their own desktop based frontend that uses linked tables to connect back. How well would DFS handle a change being written into this file at both ends? My fear is one side overwriting changes at the other rather than them being combined?

Kind Regards

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back