Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dexterity Shared Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbalouie

Technical User
Mar 25, 2009
US
App: GP 10

I need to install GP 10 client on my server as per my VAR's request. When I try to, I get an error that Dexterity Shared Components 10.0 can not be installed.

I read this tek-tips thread632-1467879, as it was closest to what I seemed to be having. I hate uninstalling .NET's off the server as I have SQL 2008 Express on there and am in the midst of moving my production db's from there current location on to this new server. Kinda fear I'll break something!

Before I take the risk, has anyone ever run across this issue with Dexterity Shared Components 10.0? Did you solve by getting rid of .NET 2 and then reinstalling it? The highest version I have is NET 3.5 so should I uninstall it too?

Thanks In Advance

I went on to customer source and downloaded Disc 1 with Feature Pack 1 and Service Pack 4.

It is the worst install disc I've seen in my entire life.

I was able to get the Dex components installed by using a command line and some transform set parameter calling another file I downloaded off of customer service. It is now listed in the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

I've copied the entire Disc 1 onto the server's local hard drive and if I try and run Setup.msi I get an error that the 'installation binary not specified or does not exist' AND if I try to run Setup.exe it tells me the Dex Shared Components 10 are not installed even though I can see them in the Add/Remove Programs.

Just for giggles I burned the downloaded disc onto a DVD and tried to install from that. Needless to say I received yet a third error message about 'The EDM DWF Toolkit is not installed. This component must be blah, blah, blah...'

Like I said, so far this is the worst install experience of my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back