Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dexterity dictionary issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hi, I am familiar with dexterity but am not an expert. I have a highly customized GP dexterity source code file. I installed dexterity on my machine and when I open the dictionary, it opens fine and shows me all the code and customization etc. When I try to run this using Debug -> Test mode, I get the error "focus trigger registration failed". Then it says I need to run Dynamics Utilities to run this dictionary. When I click yes on running utilities, dexterity just shuts down and nothing happens.
Please advise what I need to do to get this running so I can try to debug the code. Please provide detailed instructions as I am newbie to all this.
Thanks in advance.

Learn everything but implement only what is needed.

Hi There

1) Backup the Data\Dex.ini file from your Dexterity application folder.
2) Copy the Data\Dex.ini file from your Dynamics application folder to the Data\Dex.ini of the Dexterity application folder.
3) Edit the file and adjust the DexHelpPath to point back to the Dexterity folder.

Now you should be able to run your code. Assuming the account frameworks match.

As for the trigger registration error, look at the Startup global procedure. You should find the error message shown in the warning there.

If there are more than one error message with the same wording:

1) That is bad practice, change each message so it gives enough detail to uniquely identify it.
2) add a breakpoint using the script debugger and trace the code to find which trigger is failing to register.

Good luck.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back