Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dexterity Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
We did a lot of customizations with our GP partner. He won't give me the source code for the customization. Is this standard practise?
Also i have the .DIC file for the customization in my dynamics directory. When i open this with Dexterity, i can see the forms and tables and all but when i go to any field and try to see the code behind it, it says no source code. Can the source code be hidden by the developer. How can i unhide this code and see it? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Learn everything but implement only what is needed.

When a developer creates a chunk file for distribution, it is standard practice to strip the source code out, just leaving the executable code.

This chunk file then extracts to become a dictionary file but it still has no source.

Depending on the arrangement made with your VAR, they may or may not provide you with a source dictionary.

There is no way to reverse engineer the source code back once it has been removed.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back