Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Device Management Password Policy not applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

mib147

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
I am running SMS 2003 SP2 on Server 2003 SP1. I have installed the Device Management Feature pack and have it installed on Pocket PC 2003 handheld in my lab. The client installs fine and I can even deploy Acrobat Reader 2.0 with no issues. I am having a problem with the password policy being applied. The advertisement for the policy completes successfully yet when I look at the control panel applet on the handheld, the proper settings are not applied. I also created another policy to add a favorite and that isn't applying either. Any ideas?

Have you had any policy settings that HAVE been applied? Amd do you mean Group Policy, via Active Directory?

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

No policies that have applied. These are not group policies. After you install the DMFP, you can run through a wizard via the SMS console and setup handheld policies or settings. These settings are then bundled into a cab file and a SMS package is created. You can then deploy the cab file by creating an advertisement and sending it to handheld devices.

Have you checked the Advertisement Status in the Reporting interface, or just the Site Status > Advertisment Status?

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

I actually only looked under Site Status. I just checked under the reporting interface and it shows every execution is successful. So software distribution is running it successfully but for some reason it is not applying. I checked the version of the password control panel applet on the handheld and it is running the required version.

Im affraid I have no knowledge of the software pack or even using sms on handhelds at all.

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back