Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v7.1.dll doesn't get registered with RegSvr32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Hi Team!

We are using the below DLL for Pivot data generation. It was working fine. However, when we changed to a new computer, it stopped working (obviously, must be because the DLL need to be registered).

DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v7.1.dll
DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v7.1.Core.dll (we have this also in the same folder)

The PC is Win 10 64 bit. We tried registering it with RegSvr32, even from SysWow64. Didn't work.
Any clue?

Someone, who's using this or at least know about this DLL could easily help, I hope!

Thanks
Rajesh

Rajesh

Rajesh,

you surely have a setup, make use of that, don't just move software to a new computer by moving a folder, that's never a good idea.

Chriss

Hi Chriss,

Thank you for the reply. I do agree and usually I go the proper way for transferring a software (even our own ones!) and supporting packages. In this case, I am not sure if there was a setup routine. Let me check if I can find it.

Thanks
Rajesh

Rajesh

Well, DevExpress is a vendor of developer tools for all current development platforms, so I guess you purchased a suite of ActiveX controls. Must have been a long time ago, because I find this conversation:

Damian Rafferty said:
I was wondering if it is possible to get ActiveX versions of Devexpress controls...
Serge (DevExpress Support) said:
We no longer develop these controls or offer them separately...
And that is from 13 years ago.

Anyway, ActiveX usually is more than just a DLL or a set of DLLs, there's usually also a runtime involved. It's not different in VFP, so you know this already, if you think about it.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back