Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Development Work Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTekMedia

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
US
I'm looking to farm out some work - probably six figures. Has anyone here had / have companies they could recommend? Good experiences or bad experiences?

Thanks -

Cheers,

Bluetone

Since many of us in this CF forum work for design houses or on our own, it's going to be hard to get a fair assessment from this thread. I'm not trying to say anything derogatory or disparaging about any of the members here, but lets face it, some of our opinions are going to be biased towards ourselves or our employers.

I would suggest try running a search on CF programming in your area and checking out the websites from the results.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

I reccomend craigs list as well...

I forund a Kick A$$ flash developer there and an amazing graphic artist....

I also got about a dozen contracts from there in the past 18 - 20 months..

Just be very cautious about the ppl that apply to your job post. See their portfolio, ask for references, and above all, have them sign a contract that spells out the terms of agreement.

I've recently gotten a few clients that were burned by other so-called developers. Cover your a$$ all the way.

Thanks - I posted on a couple of the CFUG's and have more offers than I can deal with. However, I have watched several posters here for years and I KNOW how good you are.....

I need to either hire a company with a history or an individual who I KNOW can do the job.

Cheers,

Bluetone

Brantguy - really? I might have to do some marketing of myself there lol. Never have spent much time on craigslist.

Cheers,

Bluetone

Great idea GUJUm0deL/brantGuy, I had never thought about using Craig's list for that (or anything else for that matter). I may have to check it out just to see.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

I heard somewhere recently that the guy who started craigslist "not this craig...lol" is one of the top 20 richest people in the world...

dont know if its accurate but I heard it..

C.

Doubt it...according to Forbes (as of 03.08.07):

The Top 20

1. William Gates III
2. Warren Buffett
3. Carlos Slim Helú
4. Ingvar Kamprad
5. Lakshmi Mittal
6. Sheldon Adelson
7. Bernard Arnault
8. Amancio Ortega
9. Li Ka-shing
10. David Thomson
11. Larry Ellison
12. Liliane Bettencourt
13. Prince Alwaleed
14. Mukesh Ambani
15. Karl Albrecht
16. Roman Abramovich
17. Stefan Persson
18. Anil Ambani
19. Paul Allen
20. Theo Albrecht

Funny...they seem to have left my name off the list...I must be #21. Oh, wait this was the TOP 20, I'm on the other list, the BOTTOM 20. (-:

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

ECAR, lol. I guess i'm on the same list as you are.

I have "marketed" myself on craigslist, and have yet to see the results of it. The problem is soooooooo many ppl post there that your posting gets lost in the shuffle. Besides, a lot of ppl now hire someone else to spam themselves on craigslist. I saw the same exact ad 10x in 7 categories in 3 states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back