Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Development references needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbosko

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
US
Hello, I'm converting a dos handheld app (msvc1.5 based app that I wrote for an Intermec 6400 handheld) to WinCE based.

I'm not sure which device its going to run on yet, but I would assume a intermec or symbol, both?

I'm looking for a walk through book, website or app that will help me get up to speed in VB.net (vs.net '03). I'm well versed in vb6, but wow... what a difference I'm finding.

Can you please recommend a good getting started book or website for vb.net for ppc's?

I've reviewed some sites, including the microsoft ones, but nothing seems to be getting me close. I'd really like to know of a good book as my project deadline is end-of-august.

Thanks!

Mike

Dang, just a little too late for me to make the change now ... i believe.

Already made some headway using vs.net - but this product looks very promising. Do you, or have you used it? What are your impressions of it?

((Noble .. I just noticed your name, heh, we chatted a bit ago about Random files too.))

Mike

Yup.
I have played with the demo "Crossfire" and it looks really great. I an more than likely not going to use it though because it seems to be geared more for "Intermec", Smartphones, and Palm rather than good old standard PPC's.

I would recomend using it though. You can talk this sales person. His name is Eric and his email is eric@appforge.com.

He might be able to shed more light on it.

As for the random files, well, I have put that on the back burner for now but I have not given up on it yet.

Noble

---------------------------------------
Noble D. Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back