Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

developing sequence URGENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muratnur

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
TR
Hi,
I am junior developer and have problem.I have source data like above.Credit_id is increasing automatically

credit_id proposal_id
1 1
2 1
3 1
4 2
5 2
and i want to put this data to target like this

credit_id proposal_id credit_index
1 1 1
2 1 2
3 1 3
4 2 1
5 2 2

how can i do?
thanks for your helps

Not sure I understand your question. But if you have a table with three columns... i.e credit_id, proposal_id, credit_index. As in Access database, set credit_id as AutoNumber. In Informix it would be a serial with nulls set to no.
By inserting the two other fields, it should increment the credit_id field automatically.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.

First describe the data and build the type trees. You know how to do that right? The input type tree should have a group that uses the Proposal ID as the identifier. The output type tree should look similar but within the Proposal ID group there is a sub group with the Credit ID as the identifier.

Then build the maps. Pass the Proposal ID groups into a functional map. In the functional map pass the individual rows into a lower level functional map. Use the INDEX funciton to fill the rule for Credit ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back