Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Developing in windows hosting on unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickallen

Technical User
Jan 5, 2001
GB
Can I develop an interactive website using PHP4 and mySQL under Windows 98 and then host it under unix without making any changes.

Yep no problem. I am currently doing just that.

All you need to do is set up MySQL, PHP and Apache on your Windows PC. This will give you the ability to develop your application in a localhopst environment or directly from the server.

I would also suggest you grab the DBTools application which you can use in Windows to manipulate,create and change the structures and queries in a windows GUI interface. This app can be found from a link on the MySQL site.
Good Luck.

Spijker

One more thing, if you have not installed PHP, Apache, and mySQL on your machine, then I suggest you download PHPTriad from
The program install's Apache, PHP4, and mySQL for you and sets up all the files so that you don't have to do that.

It saves a lot of time and frustration.

Just thought I might add that in.

-Vic vic cherubini
vikter@epicsoftware.com
====
Knows: Perl, HTML, JavScript, C/C++, PHP, Flash, Director
====

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back