Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Developing for BeInteractive`s ActiveScan for Pocket PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibson

Programmer
Aug 7, 2003
ES
Hi there,

I have a Barcode reader named ActiveScan from a company named BeInteractive. It looks like that the company has broke down becouse their web is no longer abailable.

The reader is a Compact Flash that conects to a Pocket PC. BeInteractive provides a simple aplication that only reads the barcode, and if is well read, a led is lightened. Nothing else. Nothing for developers.

I need to cacht the read barcode programatically. But I have no idea what to do. I think I should use a serial port to catch the data, but no idea how I start.

I have search the web and found no help about.

1- has anyone used/developed using this reader?
2- Any generic Issue/tip... about how can I face the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ibai Peña

No, but if it is running Pocket PC there are other solutions, though none are cheap.
Metro Werks "Code Warrier" comes to mind.

DougP, MCP

Ibai,
I am the webmaster of a company in Liverpool, NY called Jadak Techonologies. We specialize in auto-id (barcoding), oem (scan engines, etc.), and engineering services. If you would like some assistance feel free to give us a call. And by the way we also do from the ground up software engineering for handhelds (usually running Win CE). I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

William Carinci
Webmaster/Application Support Engineer
Jadak Technologies
225 Greenfield Parkway
Liverpool, NY 13088

Phone: 315-701-0678
Fax: 315-701-0679
email: bcarinci@jadaktech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search