Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Developing for a Clustered Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrong

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hello All,

Hopefully this will be a simple question for you all. We are moving our stand alone applications server to a clustered server solution. One of the consultants mentioned to my manager that we may have to review some of our VB code to ensure there will be no problems with it running in a clustered environment.

If this is the case, then could you give me some brief idea's as to what needs checking or better still, if you have links where I could read up on this topic, I'd be gratefull.

Thanks in advance,
Clive

I will be dealing with the same issues very soon, so I also need some tips. We are running an Active/Passive SQL Server 2000 cluster. I have some VB components that will running on the same box and being called from SQL stored procs. If you find anything out, let me know, or if anyone else here has dealt with these issues let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back