Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Developing an extension on Simphony Android

Evan Camilleri

Programmer
Feb 14, 2018
MT
I want to develop an extension to work in Simphony on Android.

I understand I need to use the Oracle MICROS Simphony HTML5 Extensibility Developer Reference Guide to use HTML5 with SIM.

However, I need to interact with the hardware, for example, by saving some data on a hard disk or calling an external API to get some data. I understand that C# is not an option to do this. How would one go around this, what alternative do we have?

Evan

I am doing exploration into this as well. From what i gather so far, you will need to do all that within JS snippets in your HTML5 code.

Alternatively, you can look into 19.7 JS Extensibility support instead of SIM/ISL. I believe you can do File System operations in JS ext, but not API calls. Engine they are using does not come with HTTP libraries to make API calls, like node-fetch. And i don't know if you can include extra libraries either. so the API calls will have to be done in HTML5, regardless if you use SIM or JS Ext, at least as far as i figured so far. But you are right, you definetely can't use dotnet assemblies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back