Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Develop Logical View of Network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrymans

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
I have three Production Systems:

CAS
FPD
CIMS

I want to create a view for each environment, then create a view with all of the environments, but with each group still segragated. I would envision "tagging" each server with their function, then having the diagram grouped based on that tagging.

The Node Manager doesn't seem to allow a logical separation. It always puts things back to the switches/ routers. I can make the individual views by making a filter list, but it isn't as easy as tagging the nodes.

Is what I am thinking possible?

I want a big status board showing all of the nodes, but I want them grouped by Produciton environment so a better understanding of what is happening to each can be gained.

Thanks. Sean.

If you are talking about the traditional 'ovw' console interface, you can create a series of container icons at the Internet level.

Then, you can copy and paste the servers from their 'native' maps in to the relevant containers that you have created. The containers must be location icons, they are the only ones that will work.

The server icons will not show their switch connections, they will just be shown as standalone icons. However, the container they are in will reflect their status so that you can see from the Internet level whether there are issues at-a-glance.

HTH.

Nigel Bowden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back