Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detroit Michigan & Windsor Ontario MCSE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisabennett

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2001
CA
Hi,
I am reading alot of posts that are getting me a little down... I have been a systems administrator for 2 years.. I have 2 servers and 46 networked computers. I start MCSE classes for my cert on Feb 17th and hope to land a good job with a bigger LAN in either Detoit, Mi, or in Windsor... But reading these posts about how IT is dead and there is so many MCSE's coming from boot camps... Is this happeneing in our area?
Please any input on what you know in this area would help, MCSE is costly me $10,000. Is it worth it?
Thanks.....Lisa

Not a lot happening around here right now. I had to take a step down after getting laid off. More openings on the coasts.

Lisa,
The IT industry is indeed in a slump and don't listen to "Go to the Coast". Silicon Valley's step child Sacramento is hard hit and many are taking involuntary HUGE pat-cuts. Just continue getting the Cert's and stay on the job..Sweat it out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back