Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining which frame of the timeline I'm on 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmenMiranda

Programmer
May 22, 2003
GB
Is there a way of retrieving which frame number of the timeline a movieclip has reached?

What I'm trying to do is create a preloader that has an animation (a moving wave type effect) and then when the preloader has completed, the animation transitions seamlessly to the same animation in the main movie - at whatever point the animation has reached in the preloader.

What i want to know is if it's possible to code something like this:

1. Play preloader animation;
2. When main movie has loaded, get the frame number that the playhead has reached and pass it to a variable;
3. Start the same animation on the main timeline at the frame number held by variable mentioned above.

It seems pretty straightforward in principal, but I don't know if it's possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Really? It's as simple as that?

Thanks so much - sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees (as you can probably tell LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back