Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining which DN is turning on a message waiting light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
Good afternoon, my friends.

We have Call Pilot version 5.00.41.41, and a Nortel CS1000M.

Is there a way to determine which DN is turning on a message waiting light on a phone? I know the phone with the light has no voicemail account, MWD in CLS, and there is no message key assigned, but the light still won't go out. I assume it must be an alternate MWI DN assigned.

I've assigned an MIK key to another phone and turned the light off that way, but I'm sure the light will be back on tomorrow due to the midnight routines.

Thanks very much for any perusal, and have a terrific day!

zigmo36

Do an advanced search and specify the MW DN in your search. That will list all of the mailbox MW DN's and look for the one you are having an issue with.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thanks, bdmcdonald99. I only know the DN of the phone with the message waiting light, though, not the one that's turning on the light.

zigmo36

dosen't matter. in advanced search -# Search Criteria : MWI DN equals " the DN of the phone with the message waiting light" and you get the mailbox-dn and can make changes to it

/Boldreel

MWD in the CLS and no MWK assigned?

What kind of phone is this? Can you post a TNB?

Here's the TNB, Stanleysteamer:

DES RH236
TN 004 0 09 07
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
ERL 0
FDN 5000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC MCBN
CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 5000
LHK 0
PLEV 02
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2519 1 MARP
CPND
NAME PUBLIC
XPLN 24
DISPLAY_FMT LAST,FIRST
01 ADL 24
02 ADL 24
03 TRN
04 AO6
05 ADL 24
06 ADL 24
DATE 25 NOV 2013

Nothing shows up when I do that, hboldreel. There is no voicemail account for the DN of the phone with the message waiting light that won't go out. That's why I'm thinking another DN must be turning on the light.

Thanks for your help, hboldreel.

zigmo36

You can't turn the light on or off if it doesn't have MWA.
But you say you can turn it off with a MIK key? Maybe you meant MCK?
MIK turns the light on, MCK turns it off.

Maybe the light is on from a time when there was a mailbox associated with it. In that case I would change to CLS MWA, then use your MCK key to turn it off, then change back to CLS MWD.

Or, maybe there is more than one appearance of 2519 and you are actually looking at the wrong phone.

Or, the set is defective.

I headed over to the phone this morning, and the light was shining brightly. I had turned it off with the MCK key yesterday, but I didn't go over and verify that it went out, so I don't know if it stayed lit or not. I took a different M2008 phone over there, plugged it in, hung around for about 10 minutes or so, and the light appears to be out for good, so I'm thinking it was the phone set itself.

However, now I've got the phone hooked up to a different port in my switchroom, and the light is out. I can turn it on with the MIK and off with the MCK, though.

I think I had a similar problem once before, but it turned out to be the port on the line card that was stubbornly lighting the indicator. I replaced the port, the light went out.

I've also had another voicemail box lighting the indicator on a particular phone.

Thanks for your help!

Life is like a box of chocolates, you just never know! :+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back