Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining space occupied by files x days old on shared ZFS filesystem, different mount points

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrie

MIS
Mar 6, 2009
US
I've been asked to locate files created 80 days ago and calculate the space they occupy, for a few different filesystems, which is normally easy to do with the "find" command, such as:

# find . -mtime +80 -exec du -ks {} \; | cut -f1 | awk '{total=total+$1}END{print total/1024}'

But, in this case where we have several "filesystems" that share space on ZFS, this isn't working as well, as each run against the /mount/point reports the same result.

What I'm wondering is if there is a more specific way at the command-line level, perhaps on the ZFS NAS itself in shell mode, that I can determine the above information; that is, how many files were created since 80 days ago and the space each occupies in the filesystem, reported per /mount/point.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back