Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining recent activity by date

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchildress

Technical User
May 21, 2010
US
Hello group and thank you ahead of time for any assistance you can give me.

I have a relatively simple Filemaker Pro 9 database. It has two related tables; one for patient demographic information, and a second table for incidents/encounters. Each patient is identified by social security number and name. The tables are linked by social.

I need to create a conditionally formatted field which will "flag" any patient who has had an incident/encounter logged within the last six months. Each incident has its own date (obviously). Basically, I need to get the current date, subtract six months from it, and see if the date of the most recent incident for a patient is greater than the that.

I'm not sure how to go about this since each patient can have dozens of records and because I'm not sure how to subtract six months from the current date. I would think that there is a relatively easy way to do this but I've been poking around and studying for a few days and I haven't come across a solution that works. Perhaps I haven't got my thinking cap on tight enough ;) I saw lots of helpful advice and solutions here on tek-tips and thought I would give it a try!

I really appreciate any help you kind folks can give me.

You have a date function Date(month; day ; year).

Within this function you can play with + or - months, days or years.

See if you can accomplish what you need with this function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back