Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining PBX Trunk Phone Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahki

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

We have 20 COT trunks used for all our incoming/outgoing calls. I have a list of the actual phone numbers and their corresponding binding posts. I also have a separate list of the TNs with their terminial numbers on the RJ as well as their route/member numbers. I have checked to see if their TNs have any description, have tried using my test set on the MDF on the tns to try calling out on/placing calls to the list of phone numbers and was unsuccessful (no, I didn't call the operator on each one and ask what number was I dialing).

Any other suggestions? This is the first time I've dealt with this - thanks!
Laura

a.k.a. babysitter of a Sl1/61C r.24 v.25

try using LD 36:
>ld 36
TRK000
.call 4 0 0 2 (whatever the TN is)
DN?
.1+area code+phone number

then the TN's phone number should show on your caller ID of the phone number you entered at DN. (use a phone with caller ID).

Sieze each trunk and dial 1-800-444-4444. :) It will get you MCI customer service and it tells you the number you're calling from. That's my old failsafe if I don't know the local ANAC.

Change the programming of each trunk to enter the 7-digit number in the TKID field! Then you won't have to worry about doing this again for a while.

Arch

Another way is with your cell phone (if you have one or are in an environment that allows it) Use butt set and call your cell phone, you should see number display, now your have the number and the pair. Works great outside the US.

Thanks for the tips! Will give it a go when I get a chance to get back to my switch (working remotely).

Laura

a.k.a. babysitter of a Sl1/61C r.24 v.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back