Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining max disk space and autodelete sent notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagnj1

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
CA
Does anyone know if there is a way to determine your max allowed disk space? I keep getting messages about how my Lotus Notes DB is getting full, but I can't see any way of finding out exactly how much I have free.
As well, I would like to create some sort of Agent or auto function that would clear out my Sent bookmark every week. I want it to still move sent emails to the bookmark, but I want it to purge it every sunday. I tried making an agent that would do this but it only gave me the option of deleting from folders, not bookmarks.
PS. I'm using Lotus Notes R5

On disk space : it is your Notes Admin that sets the quotas on mail space. You have to ask him about your issues.
On bookmarks : You need to create your agent in the Bookmarks db - which is not a user-friendly db to modify. Plus, that db being on your local PC, you will not be able to schedule an agent without leaving the PC on every weekend and allowing local scheduled agents. In the bookmark db, you need to find the view that holds the sent documents, and your agent should target those docs.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back