Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining font used for Excel- Data Only export option

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregoriw

Programmer
Sep 21, 2001
US
Hello all, I am trying to find out where Crystal Reports determines where/how it finds the font type to use when exporting a Crystal Report to an Excel - Data Only file.

- using Crystal Reports XI
- all text in Crystal Report RPT file is Times New Roman
- when exporting to Excel - Data Only, all text is changed to Arial.
- where did the export DLL get the value of Arial font type to determine which to use?

- I even went into the Crystal Reports Options menu item and under the Fonts tab, made sure every category of object was set to a default of Times New Roman.
- yet still when exporting to Excel - Data Only, it creates a report that has Arial font

Need help trying to find out how to make the export use Times New Roman, as my boss wants to see Times New Roman in his Excel report....not Arial!

All comments are appreciated,
Wolfgang

I think I found my answer. Can someone please confirm?

After opening the RPT file in the Crystal Reports designer, I selected the File option from the main menu. Then chose the Export option. Selected the Report Export Options and this popped up a Window where I select the Excel - Data Only item in the dropdown list and pressed OK. Another window popped up with title of Export Format Options. Chose the Custom radio button on the top group and then under the bottom set of options chose Export object formatting. Saved this with the report and deployed the RPT file to my application folder.

Does this sound correct? Will this produce an exported file with the same fonts as found in the report?

Wolfgang

When I followed the steps you listed I was able to get the same fonts as in the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back