Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining current service pack and language installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
My predecessor did not document system information well. Now I am in the process of trying to update our GroupWise 5.5EP server to the latest service packs before upgrading to 6.0. My question is two-fold.

1. How do I determine which GroupWise service pack that is currently installed on our server?

2. I am going to install GW55EP SP5 on the server, but I don't know which version to download, english only or multi-language. How can I determine which service pack I need?

Thanks,
-Ron

you can check the version by
1. modules gw*.* on the server running the agents. It will show something like ersion 5.5.x.x
The x is spack version.

On the client click help,about.

2. Normally english version. Or download the assistant and run it. It will then pick the version for you.

I normally start with the english but it all depends on which cd was used for the install and you have no real way of knowing. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back