Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining Access group membership through VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

afryer

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
GB
Hi All,

This is a follow on from a question I asked previously regarding Workgroup security in Access. Basically what I need to do is the following:

- I have an application, which connects to a user-defined workgroup file containing a list of live login IDs.
- I have managed to change the password successfully now, but what I need to be able to do is determine what groups a particular user ID is a member of.
- I have tried using the Catalog feature of ADOX and also using the ADOX.User construct, but the only function I can find is the "GetPermissions" one, which does not seem to provide what I need.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this? All I need is a simple return string indicating whether it is a member of "Users", "SysAdmins", "Admins" or "Others".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Play with the Groups collection of the User object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back