Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

determine when email was opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

sramey00

Programmer
Jun 9, 2004
US
Is there a way to determine when an email was opened by a user on the computer?

I have only found the modified, created, sent, received date/time fields. these aren't what i need.

ex. If i received an email on 1/1/2001, and i looked at it on 1/2/2001, where could i find that date (1/2/2001)?

Any ideas?
(code is always welcome) and links help docs too!!

Thanks very much!

Mr. Steve

What mail program are you using?

If you're using Outlook you could set up read receipts. Is that what you're after, or am I missing something?

Neil.

read receipts won't help.

basically if someone sat down at my computer and started going through my email, i want to know when the last time those emails were opened.

it's similar to the last accessed file attribute. where that attribute shows a date and time when the file was last opened.

thanks!

Mr. Steve

Ah, I see what you're getting at now. Sorry; it's been a long day!

Don't know if I can help with this one, I'm afraid. I'll have a look around and if I find anything I'll let you know because you've got me intrigued now :)

You never said what mail program you're using, btw.

Neil.

outlook 2003 - sorry it has been a long day!

i have access to other mail programs and conversion programs. if you find somethin similar for lotus notes or any other mail client then please do post that link.

Thanks for the help!

Mr. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back