Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determine what screen I am at with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
US
I'm just starting off with trying VB to automate some WRQ tasks. Before firing off some code, I'd like to verify that I'm at the correct screen. Can I verify that I'm where I should be by looking at text on the screen -- sort of like a screen scrape -- and if so, how?

Thanks,

Randy

It sounds like you can record macros in WRQ. I did this with Attachemate Extra! a while back and was able to use the object browser in the Attachemate Extra! macro editor to back into the properties and methods.

Here is the FAQ for doing this with Attachemate Extra! (who aquired a WRQ) Can data from an Attachemate EXTRA! (CICS) session screen be captured directly into an MS Access database?, hopefully you can gleam some direction from it.

CMP

Funny thing about being unemployed, weekends don't mean quite so much, just means you get to hang out with your working friends. Primus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back